26 February 2014

BREAKING: Full Mt. Gox Story coming...

I now have all of the pieces to the Mt. Gox puzzle. Mt. Gox acted alone and in desperation. Comprehensive post after I lawyer up.


Due to some angry Gox depositors, I’ve been advised to disclose that Karpeles was overstating the fact that he had “lined up” investors. The truth is, in a move of desperation, Mark asked several investors for a bailout, all of which seemed to have immediately notified the authorities once they learned the extent of the fraud, negligence or incompetence at Mt. Gox.


That is to say, my leak did NOT cost depositors their investments. There was no chance of a bailout. Please direct your anger at Mt. Gox, and please do not blame me for your losses. Even if you disagree with my reporting, there was nothing to gain by continuing to cover this up, but much prolonged agony for Bitcoin and perhaps additional damage for new depositors.


Thank you for your support and understanding.


TBI


February 27, 2014 at 02:32AM